11 Tips For Healthy Living
It’s probably safe to say we all wish we lived healthier lives, full of many 6 a.m. yoga classes and absolutely zero 10 p.m. ice cream sundaes. To inspire you to live healthier each day, we’ve rounded up 11 simple habits that make all the difference. Read on.
0. The cleaner you eat the better you feel! Drink a cup of warm water with lemon juice in the morning. The benefits of sipping the antioxidant-rich beverage are numerous: It reduces inflammation, aids digestion, and boosts energy, to name just a few.
1. Bike to work. Do a set of jumping jacks in the morning. Buy a jump rope and spend five minutes perfecting your double dutch. Put on a playlist of four or five songs, and dance like no one’s watching. Do leg flutters under your desk while you work at your computer (no one will even notice!).
2. Drink an extra glass of water every day. Better yet, drink a few extra glasses. To help in this, try drinking a glass of water before every meal. Oftentimes we mistake thirst for hunger, and drinking a tall glass of H2O will actually help you feel fuller, longer.
3. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body.
4. It’s really important to take both mental and stretch breaks throughout the day, so whenever you feel like you’re stuck, shut down the electronics and take a break.
5. Never forget to be grateful, it really gives you perspective of what really matters.
6. They say that laughter is the best medicine right? 😉
7. Join us for an invigorating session of Pilates.
Get Enough Sleep
8. Not getting enough sleep is one of the most consistent indicators of poor health. Though everyone is different, adults generally require between seven and eight and a half hours of sleep per night. If you aren’t sure how much you require, pay attention to your energy levels and mood each day, and tweak accordingly.
9. Taking anywhere between 9 and 10 thousand steps a day is actually good for you. Try and keep moving as much as you can. Set an alert for yourself for every hour or so and make a point to walk to the kitchen for a cup of tea or stroll to a co-worker’s desk to say hi.
10. “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise” – Benjamin Franklin
Do you have any simple tricks for a healthier lifestyle? Tell us in the comments..